PayNet Canadian Business Lending Index (CBLI)
The PayNet Canadian Business Lending Index (CBLI) measure the volume of new commercial loans and leases to small sized businesses, indexed so that January 2005 equals 100. The indices are based on activity over the past 30 days as reported by lenders into the PayNet database.
BENEFITS TO USERS
- Provide early signals of future economic growth, demand for capital, and business fixed investment across multiple sectors of the economy.
- Serve as robust indicators of economic activity in Canada.
- Provides lenders a snapshot of the future so they can adjust their approval criteria as needed.
Because small businesses generally respond to changes in economic conditions more rapidly than larger businesses do, the PayNet Canadian Business Lending Index serves as a leading indicator of macroeconomic and industry trends. The index is published monthly as follows:
- PRELIMINARY —current month data reflecting most recent small or medium business lending activity released
- REVISED — data for the month preceding Preliminary release
- FINAL — data for the month preceding Revised release
The PayNet Canadian Small Business Lending Index (PayNet CSBLI) is a national level index that measures the volume of new commercial loans and leases to small sized businesses.
The PayNet CSBLI is further segmented into 9 distinct industry segments of the Canadian economy.
The PayNet CSBLI is further segmented into 7 distinct regional segments.
To track the CBLI on an ongoing basis, we encourage you to regularly visit the PayNet Risk Insight Suite®.